Monday, September 24, 2012

Dreams

My dreams are really weird, I'm sure everyone has strange ones. I can think of a few experiences that were really unique, though.

One of them was I think in 2006, I think. I was dreaming about being at my grandma's house, and one of the childhood friends I haven't seen in ages would NOT let me go somewhere, I don't remember. But I made a huge fuss about it, and eventually I was crying on the stairs. Then I took control of the dream. I sat up straight, said out loud, "This is ridiculous," and I decided to change things. But just like in Inception, it was my first time controlling my dream. Everything turned blue, and the dream collapsed. Then it was dark, but I could see the outline of my room, but it was black and white. I blinked, and then I was awake. It was so weird. A short while later, I had the same kind of thing happen. In the dream, I was being kidnapped by nutcracker soldiers in the summer version of The Nutcracker ballet. And then again, I thought I would control the dream. Then everything turned blue, then white, then black, then a blink and I was awake. Weird.

Then there's the stress dreams. There's two kinds. One kind is immediate stress that makes me sleepwalk sometimes, or there's the kind that occurs three weeks after the event I was stressing about in the dream actually happened. Instances:

I was going to leave home for a week for the first time in ninth grade. The night before, I sleep-walked to the stairs during my dream of not being able to pack enough things for the trip. I woke up at the top, and I thought to myself, oh it must be time to leave. So I went downstairs, ate breakfast, and sat on the couch for half an hour, fully awake, waiting for my mom to wake me up and drive me. And then I realized it was 2:30 in the morning. So I went back to bed, fitfully.

Then, the only one I can think of right now, I had to give a talk in my church, and I really don't have a problem with public speaking. I actually enjoy talking in front of people in that setting. But for some reason, three weeks after I gave the talk, I had the worst stress dream ever about it. Like, one of the leaders was rioting and hitting everyone with a chain, and I kept interrupting because I forgot something in my talk, and then I took up the next person's time and she was really sad about it. So weird.

So my dreams are strange. I'm sure I have a couple of reoccurring ones, but can't think of them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment